- The HPL 2015-16 review
- Arsenal champs. West Brom down – Wk 38
- Sky Ref keeps Arsenal top. Toon safe! Wk 37
- Gunners top, Foxes slip, Irons poised – Wk 36
- Leicester and Mahrez in clear – Wk 35
- Vardy in red card Moss – Wk 34
- Carroll elbow kills Arsenal – Wk 33
- Norwich up Newcastle down – Wk 32
- Bilic spot on over Irons hard luck
- West Ham hefty penalty – Wk 31
- Hand of Wes escapes – Wk 30
- The Hypothetical Premier League
- Foxes top for first time – Wk 29
- Top four so tight – Wk 28
- LVG floors Arsene title bid – Wk 27
- Time’s up for LVG’s United – Wk 25
- TV Eye, TV Refs
- Newcastle and Villa ripped off – Wk 23
- Martinez after Instant Karma
- Wk 21/22 table, reports, results
- Wenger Wonders
- Wk 20 table, reports, results
- Wk 19 table, reports, results
- Wk 18 table, reports, results
- Wk 17 table, reports, results
Leicester and Mahrez in clear – Wk 35
- Updated: 26/04/2016
Pundits put Leicester and Mahrez in clear. Nothing to save North London pair. Refs enjoy howler free weekend.
The Hypothetical Premier League – making the wrongs right with TV refs.
Saturday, April 23
Bournemouth 1-4 Chelsea Referee: Roger East
Aston Villa 2-4 Southampton Referee: Neil Swarbrick
Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle Utd Referee: Andre Marriner
Keown says ‘no penalty’ when Sturridge goes tumbling from Tiote challenge – supporting the ref’s decision, making any other verdict irrelevant.
Manchester City 4-0 Stoke City Referee: Robert Madley
Was anyone else shocked by Martin Keown’s merciless slaughter of Ryan Shawcross? Guilty of some poor defending for the City penalty, Shawcross is basically destroyed by the ex-Arsenal defender, who declares him utterly mediocre and below international standard.
Sunday, April 24
Sunderland 0-0 Arsenal Referee: Mike Dean
Penalty to Sunderland after Mertesacker’s two-arm block denies Defoe’s first-half rocket? If it is deliberate, then the Gunners’ BFG is a load faster than he has been letting on for the last three years. Dermot Gallagher says ‘no penalty’ on Sky Sports News HQ. That’s good enough for us. As for the one down the other end, it’s not even worth a look – as the Arsenal shot deflects off another Sunderland defender first.
Leicester City 4-0 Swansea City Referee: Mark Clattenburg
A suspicion of handball by Mahrez (pictured above) as he controls before scoring Leicester’s opener is ruled out by every pundit, ex-ref or player. The Foxes march on.
Monday, April 25
Tottenham 1-1 West Brom Referee Mike Jones
Mike Jones is charged with not spoiling a perfect weekend for the referees. Save failing to clamp down on Baggies’ rough tactics, which no doubt leads to Alli punching Yacob, Mr Jones just about survives.
The Hypothetical Premier League table Wk 35 (up to and including April 25)
|1||Leicester City||35||18||13||4||63||38||25||67||1st (76)|
|4||Manchester City||35||19||7||9||65||35||30||64||3rd (64)|
|5||West Ham United||34||18||10||6||60||42||18||64||6th (56)|
|6||Manchester United||34||16||8||10||43||33||10||56||5th (59)|
|12||Stoke City||35||11||9||14||33||52||-19||42||10th (47)|
|14||Newcastle United||35||9||11||15||41||62||-21||38||19th (30)|
|15||Swansea City||35||10||7||18||35||46||-11||37||15th (30)|
|16||Crystal Palace||35||8||12||15||35||48||-13||36||16th (39)|
|17||West Brom||35||7||15||12||33||46||-13||36||13th (41)|
|19||Norwich City||34||8||10||16||40||58||-18||34||18th (31)|
|20||Aston Villa||35||4||6||25||26||71||-45||18||20th (16)|