- The HPL 2015-16 review
- Arsenal champs. West Brom down – Wk 38
- Sky Ref keeps Arsenal top. Toon safe! Wk 37
- Gunners top, Foxes slip, Irons poised – Wk 36
- Leicester and Mahrez in clear – Wk 35
- Vardy in red card Moss – Wk 34
- Carroll elbow kills Arsenal – Wk 33
- Norwich up Newcastle down – Wk 32
- Bilic spot on over Irons hard luck
- West Ham hefty penalty – Wk 31
- Hand of Wes escapes – Wk 30
- The Hypothetical Premier League
- Foxes top for first time – Wk 29
- Top four so tight – Wk 28
- LVG floors Arsene title bid – Wk 27
- Time’s up for LVG’s United – Wk 25
- TV Eye, TV Refs
- Newcastle and Villa ripped off – Wk 23
- Martinez after Instant Karma
- Wk 21/22 table, reports, results
- Wenger Wonders
- Wk 20 table, reports, results
- Wk 19 table, reports, results
- Wk 18 table, reports, results
- Wk 17 table, reports, results
Golden Days For Refs
- Updated: 17/12/2015
Snapshot Week 16.
Saturday, December 17, 2015.
It’s just a PERFECT DAY, a ten out of ten weekend. A golden roll.
Who needs TV replays and video reviews? Not these ace Premier League whistleblowers, who continue to defy belief in the way they perform so well each week. No, this is not a sarcastic swipe. Quite the reverse, in fact.
However, if you were to ask the officials, themselves, in private – they cannot speak publically anywhere away from the hallowed Premier League pitch – the majority would say they absolutely want some technological assistance to enable them to do the job even better. That’s the toughest job imaginable, where irate football fanatics who have never refereed a game in their life slaughter you.
They would want it used sparingly, of course. No top-flight referee is seriously going to hand over supreme control of proceedings. That would sort of defeat the object of their vocation and desires, given it takes a really special, some might even say weird, type of individual to take such flak in the line of duty. HP