- The HPL 2015-16 review
- Arsenal champs. West Brom down – Wk 38
- Sky Ref keeps Arsenal top. Toon safe! Wk 37
- Gunners top, Foxes slip, Irons poised – Wk 36
- Leicester and Mahrez in clear – Wk 35
- Vardy in red card Moss – Wk 34
- Carroll elbow kills Arsenal – Wk 33
- Norwich up Newcastle down – Wk 32
- Bilic spot on over Irons hard luck
- West Ham hefty penalty – Wk 31
- Hand of Wes escapes – Wk 30
- The Hypothetical Premier League
- Foxes top for first time – Wk 29
- Top four so tight – Wk 28
- LVG floors Arsene title bid – Wk 27
- Time’s up for LVG’s United – Wk 25
- TV Eye, TV Refs
- Newcastle and Villa ripped off – Wk 23
- Martinez after Instant Karma
- Wk 21/22 table, reports, results
- Wenger Wonders
- Wk 20 table, reports, results
- Wk 19 table, reports, results
- Wk 18 table, reports, results
- Wk 17 table, reports, results
- Updated: 05/01/2016
Snapshot Week 20.
January, 5, 2016.
Winter is coming. Indeed, it is here. And Arsene Wenger can only wonder.
There are few greater advocates of TV replays for referees in top-flight football than monsieur Wenger. The Arsenal manager has been banging on about the issue almost as long as yours truly.
No doubt, then, the Frenchman will be utterly fascinated to learn that in the alternative world of the HPL, his Arsenal outfit are in an even better position to put the foot on the gas and run away with their first league title since 2004.
Officially, at the end of Week 20, the Gunners hold a slender two-point lead at the Premier League summit. However, according to HPL, that should be a much healthier four points (over Manchester City rather than Leicester, who are still way down the ladder in fifth place, nine points behind our league leaders).
By no means unassailable, of course, especially considering the north Londoners’ ability for blowing up when the going gets tough and rough, yet, at the same time, this advantage would provide a psychological cushion of sorts in N5 as everyone prepares for the long run towards home in the maddest of all Premier League seasons. HP