- The HPL 2015-16 review
- Arsenal champs. West Brom down – Wk 38
- Sky Ref keeps Arsenal top. Toon safe! Wk 37
- Gunners top, Foxes slip, Irons poised – Wk 36
- Leicester and Mahrez in clear – Wk 35
- Vardy in red card Moss – Wk 34
- Carroll elbow kills Arsenal – Wk 33
- Norwich up Newcastle down – Wk 32
- Bilic spot on over Irons hard luck
- West Ham hefty penalty – Wk 31
- Hand of Wes escapes – Wk 30
- The Hypothetical Premier League
- Foxes top for first time – Wk 29
- Top four so tight – Wk 28
- LVG floors Arsene title bid – Wk 27
- Time’s up for LVG’s United – Wk 25
- TV Eye, TV Refs
- Newcastle and Villa ripped off – Wk 23
- Martinez after Instant Karma
- Wk 21/22 table, reports, results
- Wenger Wonders
- Wk 20 table, reports, results
- Wk 19 table, reports, results
- Wk 18 table, reports, results
- Wk 17 table, reports, results
Time’s up for LVG’s United – Wk 25
- Updated: 10/02/2016
Two Arsenal reds would make a Cherry.
Hypothetical Premier League result in brackets, official real-life score first.
Games with HPL scoreline change in red.
Saturday, February 6
Aston Villa 2-0 Norwich (2-0) Referee: Martin Atkinson
Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland Referee: Robert Madley
Manchester City 1-3 Leicester City (0-3) Referee: Anthony Taylor
Aguero offside with his late consolation header.
Newcastle 1-0 West Brom (1-0) Referee: Lee Mason
Mason and his assistant, after consultation, are spot on to disallow Tiote’s first ‘goal’ in five years – two Newcastle players are in the line of Foster’s sight and therefore interfering with play. Gosh this offside law lark is not so complicated, after all.
Southampton 1-0 West Ham (1-0) Referee: Mark Clattenburg
Stoke City 0-3 Everton (0-3) Referee: Andre Marriner
Swansea City 1-1 Crystal Palace (1-1) Referee: Mike Dean
Tottenham 1-0 Watford (1-0) Referee: Roger East
Sunday, February 7
Bournemouth 0 – 2 Arsenal (0-2) Referee: Kevin Friend
Everybody, bar Wenger and the player himself, says flying Flamini’s two-footed lunge deserves red. I reckon with the luxury of a second look Mr Friend does too. The same applies to Giroud’s rake down back of opponent’s leg. ‘Really nasty,” says Dermot. “I don’t think it was an accident at all.” The fact he is not booked means the FA retrospective panel could intervene, unlike with Flamini who is cautioned. A video ref upstairs would condemn both Arsenal men there and then. An easy piece of technology to bring in as don’t we all want to eradicate these 1980s type challenges?
Chelsea 1-1 Manchester United (1-1) Referee: Michael Oliver
Following Chelsea’s last-gasp equaliser LVG is poised to throw book at fourth official Craig Pawson in the tunnel, before no doubt remembering it is an A4 hardcover pad in his hand, containing almost two years’ worth of minute-by-minute match day notes. Don’t want pages of your diary flying about the Bridge. Could be very embarrassing. The Dutchman’s issue, save being a bad loser, is only six minutes of additional time are played, despite Chelsea scoring in the this period. Two penalties are both rightly rejected, according to Dermot G.
Hypothetical Premier League table (up to and including Sunday, Feb 7)
|1||Manchester City||25||15||4||6||46||26||20||49||4th (47)|
|3||Leicester City||25||12||11||2||45||30||15||47||1st (53)|
|5||West Ham United||25||11||8||6||39||29||10||41||6th (39)|
|7||Manchester United||25||10||8||7||32||25||7||38||5th (41)|
|12||Crystal Palace||25||8||7||10||25||30||-5||31||12th (32)|
|14||Newcastle United||25||7||7||11||28||44||-16||28||17th (24)|
|15||Swansea City||25||7||6||12||25||31||-6||27||16th (27)|
|16||Stoke City||25||6||9||10||21||33||-12||27||11th (33)|
|17||Norwich City||25||7||5||13||33||46||-13||26||18th (23)|
|18||West Brom||25||5||10||10||23||34||-11||25||14th (29)|
|20||Aston Villa||25||4||6||15||21||42||-21||18||20th (16)|